Flowers blooming, bright blue skies, the enthusiastic sound of birds singing, and the temperature rising! These are just some of the changes that introduce us to the spring season. Along with that, there should be a proper spring cleaning!
Renovating your house by doing a thorough cleaning has been a yearly tradition for many families now. It’s about preparing your home for this season. It’s the perfect time to put away winter coats, clothing, and bedding. Time to clean up the grill area and get ready for some joyful time outside!
However, spring cleaning can be challenging and overwhelming for some people. Here at Bio-One, we’re sharing four tips for renovating your home during spring cleaning. We are following the guidelines from CDC on how to remediate these areas successfully.
With the season change, mold is one of the many issues we usually encounter while cleaning our homes. Also, rodent droppings are a common issue because of the cold weather we’re coming out from! These two issues, in particular, might result in serious health problems for you and your loved ones. Our team of professionals is ready to help you remediate them as efficiently and as safely as possible.
Look out for rodent droppings in the kitchen and grill area!
Rodents are carriers of many dangerous diseases. From Salmonellosis to Hemorrhagic Fever, rodents can infest your home, and the remediation process should be approached with the most delicate protocols. Here are some recommendations to keep your kitchen and grill area free from rodent droppings and urine. When cleaning these areas:
- Keep food in resistant plastic, metal, or glass containers with tight lids, and avoid spilling in the storage area.
- If you have pets, ensure their food and other supplies are properly stored. As for their eating area, avoid leaving food and water bowls out overnight, especially if it’s closed dark spaces.
- Clean up after cooking and using these areas. The key to maintaining rodents away from your home is a clean, disinfected space at all times.
- Use a resistant, thick plastic or metal can with a tight lid. Make sure to dispose of trash regularly, regardless of the disposable material! Rodents can nest in plastic, paperboard, and even wood.
If you are facing a rodent droppings infestation during the spring cleaning, let Bio-One properly disinfect and decontaminate your house! Even after dry and longstanding, rodent droppings can carry bacteria and parasites that would result in diseases like leptospirosis. We use professional PPE (Protective Personal Equipment) and EPA-Listed chemicals safe for your family, children, and pets.
Keep a close eye on mold spores on walls, kitchen, and bathroom areas.
As hard as it might seem to believe, mold infections are related to many diseases in humans. Headaches, diarrhea, and flu-like pathologies are caused directly by black mold and other fungi. Based on CDC Guidelines, here are some recommendations to treat and mitigate the presence of mold inside your House:
- Promptly fix any water leak issues: windows, roof, and pipes.
- After flooding, be careful to thoroughly clean spaces and make sure all areas are as dry as you possibly can.
- Make sure your house has enough ventilation: Consider adding exhaust fans in areas where moisture can persist. These areas can be the bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room.
- Keep humidity levels as low as possible: With the help of an air conditioner, or dehumidifier, you can control the humidity levels. The correct way to keep an eye on humidity is by using a hygrometer.
It’s important to mention that once an item is infected with mold, the only way to correct the damage is by removal and replacement. This applies to any part of your house: carpet, flooring, ceiling tiles, drywall, or wallboard.
Bio-One is the best option to remediate and disinfect your home from mold damage properly. Our Team of Specialists is prepared to contain any area infected with mold, discarding any item that might be irretrievably damaged by it.
Hygiene is key, especially if you have pets in the house!
Pets are an undeniable part of the family. They get us through difficult times and deserve the recognition and love we feel toward them. That’s why practicing good hygiene is part of loving and caring for our pets. CDC shared some recommendations for households with dogs, cats, and other domestic pets. These resume in the following:
- Make sure Pets have their own space for feeding and relieving: These spaces must be separated from our Kitchen and eating spaces. Have their food and supplies in an area that is easily accessible and easy to disinfect.
- Disinfect your pets’ supplies and items outside your home. For example, when cleaning your cat’s litter box, make sure to do it in an open space that is ventilated enough and possibly far away from any place that involves food preparation. Also, make sure to disinfect these supplies daily.
- Dog and cat feces contain parasites and bacteria that can result in serious diseases for humans, be sure to use a bag when disposing of their droppings, and do it in appropriate areas.
- Children 5 years of age and under should always be supervised when interacting with animals. Teach them to wash their hands after playing with them and avoid touching their faces when doing so. Don’t leave your children near the pet’s environment (Litter box, food bowls, bed, etc.).
Bio-One has assisted many people in cases where animal feces/urine has become a threat and represents a bio-hazardous element for the household involved. Disinfecting and disinfecting a house that has been contaminated by animal feces/urine requires professional assistance. Bio-One specializes in decontaminating areas infected by these wastes, ensuring the place is safe and habitable again.
Clean up your house… Room by room!
The whole idea of Spring cleaning is to organize your belongings and get rid of clutter. It’s a good opportunity to get everyone in the family together and involved in the process of organizing the house. Here are some elements to consider when you start cleaning and decluttering your house:
- A good method, shared by the spruce, is the 4-Container Method. Organize your belongings in four categories: Trash, giveaway, store, or put away. Make your way through each room, and you’ll notice the difference when decluttering each space!
- Spring cleanup is an opportunity to get everyone in the household involved… even children! It will help them understand the importance of keeping the essentials and giving away things that might be in good shape and can also help someone who needs them more!
- Set a goal for yourself when organizing: Tackle the most difficult areas in your house, like the attic, the garage, the basement, etc. Although cleaning and decluttering your home is not a task that will be executed in one hour, you can set a goal of cleaning at least one or two of the most difficult areas in your house.
If you’re ready to start with your Spring cleaning, Bio-One can help!
We have helped many customers get their lives back on track. Proud of our motto, “Help First, Business Second!” our goal is to assist you in your greatest time of need. Bio-One offers hoarding remediation and Junk Removal services, approaching the situation with care and compassion, ensuring that, if this task is overwhelming and too stressful, you can promptly count on us to remediate any problem.
Independently Owned & Operated!
Bio-One of Oceanside is the #1 Disinfection, Sanitation, and Decontamination Company in North San Diego County, providing professional, industry standards services in all kinds of extreme scenarios:
- Crime scene cleanup services
- Trauma scene cleaning services
- Blood and biohazard cleaning services
- Undiscovered or unattended death cleaning services
- Homicide/Suicide cleaning services
- Feces and bodily fluids cleaning services
- Mold remediation services
- Water damage restoration services
- Emergency vehicle decontamination services
- Fentanyl cleanup services
- Medical waste disposal services
- Tear gas cleaning services
- Sewage backup cleaning services
Hoarding cleanup services
- Hoarding cleanup
- Animal hoarding cleanup
- Gross filth cleanup
- Deep clean
- Junk removal
- Homeless encampment clean-out
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Nicotine stain/odor removal
- Odor removal
HELP FIRST, BUSINESS SECOND!
Bio-One of Oceanside springs into action to assist survivors when a traumatic event occurs. We work with local law enforcement, emergency responders, victim advocacy organizations, hoarding task forces, apartment communities, and insurance companies to ensure that you receive the greatest service feasible.
We have been an independently owned and operated business since August 2020 to help our community through difficult and unexpected situations. Our certified technicians are caring, compassionate, and discreet, and we are ready to help you in your most significant time of need.
We are proudly serving North San Diego and surrounding communities!
Bio-One is a proud member of the Southern California Rental Housing Association and Carlsbad, Oceanside, and Vista Chambers of Commerce. Bio-One serves all of San Diego County and neighboring regions, including Oceanside, Carlsbad, Vista, Fallbrook, Escondido, San Marcos, and Bonsall.
We also serve the Southern Orange County cities: San Clemente, Dana Point, Rancho Mission Viejo, Laguna Niguel, Ladera Ranch, San Juan Capistrano, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Woods, Laguna Beach, Lake Forest, Rancho Santa Margarita, Irvine, and Costa Mesa.
Our services are available 24/7, 365 days a year. Give us a call at 760-429-0729.