Mold is a type of fungus that can grow indoors and outdoors. Mold typically thrives in damp, humid environments and can spread quickly through buildings or homes. Some people are more susceptible to the health effects of mold than others, including those with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions.
Exposure to mold can cause a variety of symptoms, including sneezing, runny nose, congestion, coughing, and watery eyes. In more severe cases, mold exposure can lead to difficulty breathing, wheezing, and fever. Mold exposure can be treated with medication and should be monitored closely by a medical professional.
Here are four health hazards associated with mold exposure, and how Bio-One's micro-certified remediation technicians can help you: